Sun, Oct 23|
The Firing Pin
NY State Mandated Pistol Permit Course
NY State Mandated Training Course required to obtain your concealed carry License.
Time & Location
Oct 23, 2022, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
The Firing Pin, 8240 Buffalo Rd, Bergen, NY 14416, USA
About the Event
If you are a NYS pistol permit applicant you MUST take this course by law.
Students will receive a certificate of completion that is required in order to submit your application.
If you are a CURRENT pistol permit holder you are not required to take this training. If you have a felony, or are a prohibited person, and or unable to purchase and/or own a firearm in New York's state please do not take this course.
This is a 16 hour course that will be held over two days, 8 hour sessions on both days. The first session will be held in the classroom and the second session will be held at the range. **Price includes all training materials, ammo, firearm rental, and eye & ear protection for you to keep. You do not need to bring anything besides lunch, note-taking material, and proper range attire.
Topics will include:
1. Firearms safety and safe handling practices
2. Firearm and ammunition function and operation
3. Cleaning and maintenance
4. Range safety
5. Holster and accessory considerations
6. Concealed carry considerations
7. Safe storage and transportation requirements
8. State and federal gun laws
9. Situational awareness and concealed carry
10. Conflict de-escalation and management
11. Effects of drugs and alcohol
12. Proper interaction with law enforcement
13. Restricted areas
14. Use of deadly force and duty to retreat / NY Article 35
15. Suicide prevention / recognizing the signs
16. Principles of marksmanship
17. Fundamentals of shooting
18. Dry fire and live fire exercises (firearm, ammunition, eye and ear protection will be provided) - must pass minimum standard qualification exercise.
19. Written test - minimum of 80% required to pass.
And more.. This course will be conducted by our qualified team of instructors. All of which are current NRA & USCCA certified instructors. Their experience, knowledge, and professionalism will ensure that you get everything you need out of this class.