MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
In consideration of participating in club shooting activities, and for other good and valuable consideration, I hereby agree to release and discharge from liability arising from negligence RAAFA and its owners, directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, participants, and all other persons or entities acting for them (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Releases"), on behalf of myself and my children, parents, heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate, and also agree as follows:
1. I acknowledge that gun club or hunting activities involve known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis or permanent disability, death, and property damage. Risks include, but are not limited to, death or serious injury as a result of being shot or as a result of equipment malfunction; hearing loss; loss of vision; broken bones, bruises and other bodily injuries caused by falls; medical conditions resulting from physical activity and damaged clothing or other property. I understand such risks simply cannot be eliminated, despite the use of safety equipment, without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
2. I expressly accept and assume all of the risks inherent in this activity or that might have been caused by the negligence of the Releases. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate despite the risks. In addition, if at any time I believe that event conditions are unsafe or that I am unable to participate due to physical or medical conditions, then I will immediately discontinue participation.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Releasees from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity, or my use of their equipment or facilities, arising from negligence. This release does not apply to claims arising from intentional conduct. Should Releases or anyone acting on their behalf be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
4. I represent that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may suffer or cause while participating in this activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further represent that I have no medical or physical condition which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume -and bear the cost of -all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
5. In the event that I file a lawsuit, I agree to do solely in Monroe County, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply.
6. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. By signing this document, I agree that if I am hurt or my
property is damaged during my participation in this activity, then I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against the parties being released on the basis of any claim for negligence. .
I, the undersigned, agree that I hereby release the RAAFA from any liability for any injury either to person or property which I may suffer in connection with the use of the premises of said club. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless said RAAFA of, and from any injury or damage to any member of my family or any guest of mine, suffered while enjoying the privileges of the club or premises. This indemnification shall further extend to, and cover any owner, lessee, worker member, guest or any other person who, in whatsoever way, becomes liable to me or a member of my family, or any guest of mine, while enjoying the privileges of the club or premises. I also agree to abide by the rules and regulations of the RAAFA, whether made by the members or management, and the Fish and Game laws of the State of New York. I agree to loss of membership, without refund or membership fee, for violation of any club rules. Each member will be held responsible for their guest obeying all rules.
I have had sufficient time to read this entire document and, should I choose to do so, consult with legal counsel prior to signing. Also, I understand that this activity might not be made available to me if I were to choose not to sign this release. I have read and understood this document and I agree to be bound by its terms.